Old 08-04-2010, 07:35 AM
uriah heep

Default Howto: Empathy Training, Anger Management for improving communication & assistance in FSW community - was: CiscoLinksys - Ric Moore +=1. Sensible man. ... ; jor kubuntu

<wayward4now@gmail.com>

<wayward4now@gmail.com>

> > > Ric Moore +=1

> > > Sensible man.

> > I was forced to take "Empathy Training". That, and "Anger

Management".

> > It's a whole new world, I was "CURED". <cackles> *Ric

> This is very interesting.

> You have acquired knowledge that enables your mind to comprehend

> significant situations better, & know how to respond better.

> Also, that knowledge isn't currently widespread in both the world, &

in

> the free sw community, I suspect.

Our non-profit works with men and women getting out of prison. All of us

have had run-ins with the law, to various degrees and some measure of

incarceration. Learning to get along, especially when the lack thereof

would get you a busted lip, (while the guard looks the other way ...if

you have it coming) is usually just a matter of perspective taking. I

found my own perspectives weren't worth #$%^ and it took a "little time"

to straighten that out, in a hurry. So, "You have acquired knowledge

that enables your mind to comprehend significant situations better, &

know how to respond better." that is a survival trait. With that in

mind, someone won't drag you off into the shower room to beat your

brains out.

So, we're working on a computerized course, using java and a 3D

environment named "Open Wonderland". The plan is to serve audio/video

captured "lessons" into a 3D world, sorta like Second Life, so that the

men and women who do not read nor write can still benefit from courses

such as the ones that I mentioned, plus others. I DID have to take them

myself. I had a real short fuse. Too short, and I needed to learn why.

No different from computers, sometimes you need to install fresh, as

there was way too much cruft to upgrade. Getting tossed into the pokey

is like having your computer refuse to boot, so you start over. What was

real, ain't real no more. I went from a very well paid tech-support desk

to shining shoes to make an extra 25 cents. Yes, it's ALL perceptions.

But, that's also the time to decide what to install and what not to

install, too. So, you find a good mentor and start from there. All, in

all. It didn't kill me, and just maybe I'm a better person than I was.

The things that I did, I can't pay back. Paying forward is all there

is.

OTOH, you never let anyone run over you. Being properly assertive, you

have the right to have goals, the same as anyone else. But, so do they.

That's the key... finding and having value in another person. No matter

what your initial opinion is.

Meanwhile, enjoy life! You never know what might happen to take it all

away. *Ric

When you work for others you play the game or find new employment.* Been a fact for at least the last 43 years I have been employed.* Fancy it up all you want but its just the SOS

If you want you can substitute nonsense words for the profanity as is done on the science fiction TV channel.* Frack this translates as fuck this as anyone who watches the channel knows but the FCC can't complain as yet.

Stan

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Myriam Schweingruber

Please stay on topic. This list is about Kubuntu technical support, so
you are way offtopic here.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org

Old 08-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Ric Moore

On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 10:28 +0200, Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Please stay on topic. This list is about Kubuntu technical support, so
> you are way offtopic here.

I thought you were gone, so I came back. Ric

Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Myriam Schweingruber

Hi Basil,

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:48, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 04/08/2010 19:02, O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> (See below)

>>> [pruned]
>>>

>>> Ah, yet another wannabe list-cop comes out of hiding...
>>>
>>> But, if you are "so into" following rules and regulations, why not start
>>> with *you* following the rules by not top-posting when responding, eh?
>>>
>>> (If you want to do it right then get it right before stomping on other
>>> people.)
>>>
>>> BC
>>>

>> As it happens Myriam IS the list-cop and I agree with her. Hold this
>> discussion elsewhere
>>

> Is she really,eh?

Yes, and you can know quite easily who are the mailing list admins if
you check the mailman address at the bottom of each mail.

> Then she should also know not to top-post when responding, right?

I top posted on purpose.

> And you agree with her, eh? Which forum do you suggest is the most
> appropriate for this discussion and which is dealing with the use of
> Kubuntu for a perfectly legitimate purpose?
>
> And besides, recently in the Ubuntu ML there was a discussion about how
> to use Ubuntu to set up a teaching video for use in YouTube by a
> professor of mathematics. The discussion lasted for quite some time and
> the professor was happy with the results of the advice he was given.

I am not subscribed to the Ubuntu ML as I don't use Gnome, so no
reason to subscribe there. And therefore I am not an admin there,
neither. But again, you can know the names of the admins the same way
as suggested above.

> So, why didn't Myriam pick up on *that* discussion?
>
> If Myriam wants to blog then let her blog on her own site.

Basil, stop it, your tone is very close to insulting.

@all: this topic is officially closed. All those not respecting this
will be set on moderation. This mailing list has a very clear topic
and is subject to the Code of Conduct as are all other Ubuntu mailing
lists. So please, lets all calm down and return to the purpose of the
list.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org