Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Tom H

Default 2.6.33 ever?

>> Will 2.6.33 ever be in Kubu repository? 2.6.35 is released. I need
>> 2.6.33 to run Option modem.
>> Attempts to install 2.6.33 from source have not worked for me.
>
> Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx is shipped with Linux 2.6.32 by default, but
> you can use the PPA for Ubuntu Kernel Team[1] to get the latest
> Maverick kernel backported for Lucid.
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/~kernel-ppa/+archive/ppa

Since it looked like only 2.6.35 would be available, I enabled both
kernel ppa and lucid backports in my sources.list and a search "only"
yielded 2.6.32 and 2.6.35 kernels.

If you are absolutely insistent on 2.6.33, you can download the
linux-image and linux-headers debs that suit you from
"http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/" and install them with
dpkg.