-   -   Filters using Thunderbird (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/407535-filters-using-thunderbird.html)

Michael 08-02-2010 05:24 PM

Filters using Thunderbird

Paul Lemmons wrote:
> [...]
Thanks Paul! I appreciate the help.

Neil Winchurst 08-03-2010 08:02 AM

Filters using Thunderbird

On 02/08/10 18:09, Paul Lemmons wrote:
> [...]
You don't even need to have the whole line included. My filter just
looks for
to contains kubuntu-users
cc contains kubuntu-users

and it works.

Neil

Brian Wootton 08-04-2010 09:13 AM

Filters using Thunderbird

On 04/08/10 01:58, kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
> Most of the mailing lists I belong to adds their name in the subject
> field. This one apparently does not. I used to know how to make a
> filter out of the LIST-id instead of the subject line but have
> forgotten. Does anyone on the list filter their emails using this method?
>
> Michael

Personally I always filter on the from: line and name the filter
with the same name as the mail folder that the filter is diverting them
to. Keeps life simple.
brian

Basil Chupin 08-04-2010 10:06 AM

Filters using Thunderbird

On 04/08/2010 19:13, Brian Wootton wrote:
> On 04/08/10 01:58, kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
>
>> Most of the mailing lists I belong to adds their name in the subject
>> field. This one apparently does not. I used to know how to make a
>> filter out of the LIST-id instead of the subject line but have
>> forgotten. Does anyone on the list filter their emails using this method?
>>
>> Michael
>>

> Personally I always filter on the from: line and name the filter
> with the same name as the mail folder that the filter is diverting them
> to. Keeps life simple.
> brian

It really depends on the range of options which one's mail reader has at
its 'disposal' to use as parameters for message filters.

You are using Thunderbird and TB can use almost all of the fields found
in the message Header on which to create a filter, and not just the
Subject or From fields, - either as a single field or in combination
with others using the AND-OR approach. Just keep in mind that a filter
using multiple fields processes the parameters using the "from
top-to-bottom" sequence.

BC

--
If nothing happens, nothing can go wrong.