Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
John DeCarlo

Default Adding Wireless to 10.04

Hello,
I had everything running fine on my laptop with 9.10.
Got a new hard drive and decided to install 10.04. *
Had backed up /home /etc /boot and /opt

Everything I had before is now running either because it was there, I installed it, or I copied from my backups.
Except one thing - wireless.
I foolishly installed 10.04 with the wireless switched off by hardware, so it wasn't detected.

All I have tried so far is to turn on the switch and reboot, hoping hal or something would detect it and do something automatically.
Alas.
Please give me recommendations on the best way to proceed.

Thank you.
--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own