Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 PM
"giovanni_re"

Default LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64], Firefox from Mozilla, not KUbuntu ; jor kubuntu

Firefox 3.6.8 downloaded directly from mozilla, not from the KUbuntu FF
package.
On KUbuntu 10.6 64bit OS, on an AMD Phenom II 4 core 64 bit processor.

Originally, I had the KUbuntu Firefox package installed, but removed
(something like "apt-get purge firefox") it & installed the direct
from Mozilla Firefox package because that has debug info ability, but
the KUbuntu version didn't - so I was told, in the firefox-users mailing
list, IIRC.

I am running firefox from the console command:
"./firefox -no-remote"

Using no-remote so a separate instance of ff starts, so if there is a
crash, the other instance windows won't crash.

Strangely, earlier today, when I was using only one instance of FF, the
"default" instance, with about 20 ff windows open, I was able to get the
streaming video using flash to play properly. It is only since i
started running the 2nd instance that it will no longer play.

I had to re-download my FF extra plugins the first time the no-remote ff
version started: noscript, flashblock, adblock, ghostery.

=
Is there a 32 bit / 64 bit problem here?

This error message comes up when I try to enable a flash plugin, which
is to play a streaming video.

The "play" button appears, but when I click on it, instead of the
streaming video window appearing, instead it is an empty black window in
that area of the web page.

=
Any ideas what the problem is, & a fix?

===== Error message in console window:
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
[/var/lib/flashplugin-installer/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS64]

=================
# dpkg -l | grep gtk
ii firestarter 1.0.3-7ubuntu5
gtk program for managing and observing your
ii gtk2-engines-qtcurve 1.0.2-1ubuntu1
This is a set of widget styles for Gtk2 base
ii kcm-gtk 0.5.3-0ubuntu2
Configuration module for GTK+ appearance in
ii libcanberra-gtk-module 0.22-1ubuntu2
translates Gtk+ widgets signals to event sou
ii libcanberra-gtk0 0.22-1ubuntu2
Gtk+ helper for playing widget event sounds
ii libdbusmenu-gtk1 0.2.9-0ubuntu3
Menus over DBus shared library for GTK
ii libgtk2-perl 1:1.221-4ubuntu2
Perl interface to the 2.x series of the Gimp
ii libgtk2.0-0 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
The GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii libgtk2.0-bin 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
The programs for the GTK+ graphical user int
ii libgtk2.0-cil 2.12.9-4
CLI binding for the GTK+ toolkit 2.12
ii libgtk2.0-common 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
Common files for the GTK+ graphical user int
ii libgtk2.0-dev 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
Development files for the GTK+ library
ii libgtkhtml3.14-19 1:3.29.6.is.3.28.3-0ubuntu2
HTML rendering/editing library - runtime fil
ii libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a 1:2.20.3-0ubuntu1
C++ wrappers for GTK+ (shared libraries)
ii libgtksourceview2.0-0 2.10.4-0ubuntu1
shared libraries for the GTK+ syntax highlig
ii libgtksourceview2.0-common 2.10.4-0ubuntu1
common files for the GTK+ syntax highlightin
ii libwxgtk2.8-0 2.8.10.1-0ubuntu1
wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GT
ii python-gtk2 2.17.0-0ubuntu2
Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
ii python-gtksourceview2 2.10.1-0ubuntu1
Python bindings for the GtkSourceView widget
ii software-properties-gtk 0.75.10
manage the repositories that you install sof
ii wicd-gtk 1.7.0+ds1-2
wired and wireless network manager - GTK+ cl

# dpkg -l | grep libqtcurve

# dpkg -l | grep libqt
ii libqt3-mt 3:3.3.8-b-6ubuntu2
Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version), V
ii libqt4-assistant 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 assistant module
ii libqt4-dbg 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 library debugging symbols
ii libqt4-dbus 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 D-Bus module
ii libqt4-designer 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 designer module
ii libqt4-help 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 help module
ii libqt4-network 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 network module
ii libqt4-opengl 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 OpenGL module
ii libqt4-qt3support 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 3 compatibility library for Qt 4
ii libqt4-script 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 script module
ii libqt4-scripttools 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 script tools module
ii libqt4-sql 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 SQL module
ii libqt4-sql-mysql 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 MySQL database driver
ii libqt4-sql-sqlite 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 SQLite 3 database driver
ii libqt4-svg 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 SVG module
ii libqt4-test 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 test module
ii libqt4-webkit 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 WebKit module
ii libqt4-xml 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 XML module
ii libqt4-xmlpatterns 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 XML patterns module
ii libqtcore4 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 core module
ii libqtgui4 4:4.6.2-0ubuntu5
Qt 4 GUI module
ii libqtscript4-core 0.1.0-3build1
Qt Script bindings for the Qt 4 Core library
ii libqtscript4-gui 0.1.0-3build1
Qt Script bindings for the Qt 4 Gui library
ii libqtscript4-network 0.1.0-3build1
Qt Script bindings for the Qt 4 Network libr
ii libqtscript4-sql 0.1.0-3build1
Qt Script bindings for the Qt 4 SQL library
ii libqtscript4-uitools 0.1.0-3build1
Qt Script bindings for the Qt 4 UiTools libr
ii libqtscript4-xml 0.1.0-3build1
Qt Script bindings for the Qt 4 XML library

dpkg -l | grep firefox
{returns nothing - ff isn't installed with the KUbuntu package manager.}

# dpkg -l | grep qt
ii gtk2-engines-qtcurve 1.0.2-1ubuntu1
This is a set of widget styles for Gtk2 base
ii ibus-qt4 1.2.0.20091217-1
qt-immodule for ibus (QT4)
ii language-selector-qt 0.5.8
Language selector for Kubuntu Linux
ii libaqbanking29-plugins-qt 4.2.3-1
plugins needed by libaqbanking29
ii libavahi-qt3-1 0.6.25-1ubuntu6
Avahi Qt 3 integration library
ii libdbusmenu-qt2 0.3.2-0ubuntu1
a Qt library that implements the DBusMenu sp
ii libibus-qt1 1.2.0.20091217-1
qt-immodule for ibus (QT4)
ii libindicate-qt0 0.2.5-0ubuntu1
Qt bindings for libindicate
ii libpackagekit-qt-12 0.5.7-0ubuntu2
Library for accessing PackageKit using Qt.
ii libpolkit-qt-1-0 0.95.1-1fakesync1
PolicyKit-qt-1 library
ii libpoppler-qt4-3 0.12.4-0ubuntu5
PDF rendering library (Qt 4 based shared lib
[...]
ii libqwt5-qt4 5.2.0-1build1
Qt4 widgets library for technical applicatio
ii pinentry-qt4 0.7.6-1
Qt-4-based PIN or pass-phrase entry dialog f
ii python-qt4 4.7.2-0ubuntu1
Python bindings for Qt4
ii python-qt4-dbus 4.7.2-0ubuntu1
DBus Support for PyQt4
ii qtoctave 0.8.2+dfsg-2ubuntu1
A Qt front-end to Octave

# dpkg -l | grep nsplug
ii konqueror-nsplugins 4:4.4.2-0ubuntu2
Netscape plugin support for Konqueror
ii nspluginwrapper 1.2.2-0ubuntu6
A wrapper to run Netscape plugins on other a

== Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture