Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 AM
ryan logan

Default How do I make Ubuntu into a permanent OS

I know this sounds dumb... or you might get this a lot, but, I need some help!I love Linux, and Ubuntu has always been a + for me. Well, I have Kubuntu 64 bit edition and it comes up with the WUBI Installer, which is neat because of the desktop based temporary OS partitioning... however, I want it to become a full OS and not a temp. I have a 320 gig Drive that I want to use it on, but, I cannot because I am unable for the life of me to figure out how to make the change.
It says that I can change from temp to full, must it be done within the Ubuntu OS? Or can I do this when I install it?
Any help would be great guys/girls
~Ryan

Old 07-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Clay Weber

On Saturday, July 24, 2010 09:59:49 pm ryan logan wrote:
> I know this sounds dumb... or you might get this a lot, but, I need some
> help!I love Linux, and Ubuntu has always been a + for me. Well, I have
> Kubuntu 64 bit edition and it comes up with the WUBI Installer, which is
> neat because of the desktop based temporary OS partitioning... however, I
> want it to become a full OS and not a temp. I have a 320 gig Drive that I
> want to use it on, but, I cannot because I am unable for the life of me to
> figure out how to make the change. It says that I can change from temp to
> full, must it be done within the Ubuntu OS? Or can I do this when I
> install it? Any help would be great guys/girls
> ~Ryan

You would simply boot your computer with the Kubuntu cd in the tray - it will
boot off of that and you can install it to your drive from there.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall/Kubuntu

Clay Weber