Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 PM
"D. R. Evans"

Default lucid: DVDs no longer accessible

This worked fine in jaunty (and earlier releases).

1. When I put a DVD in my DVD reader, there is no longer any kind of popup
notification.

2. If I try to mount /dev/sr0 (which for some reason is now the designation
of the first drive; it silently changed a couple of releases ago; I forget
what it used to be), I get:
$ mount /dev/sr0
mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0

3. If I try to mount /dev/sr1 (my second DVD drive) I get:
$ mount /dev/sr1
mount: can't find /dev/sr1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

I didn't change anything from jaunty.

So I have two questions:

a. What changed? (Presumably, the upgrade from jaunty to lucid did
something, but I have no idea what, or why.)

b. How do I get back the ability to mount DVDs?

Doc

--
Web: http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR