Old 07-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Jerry Lapham

Default Wicd won't connect in Kubuntu 10.04

I've been connecting my Toshiba Sattellite L355 laptop with my Netgear Wireless N150 router using Wicd on Kubuntu 9.10 for some time. It works with the internal RTL 8187B wireless B/G card and my USB plug-in Tenda W311U RT2870A wireless B/G/N stick.

I recently upgraded another partition from Kubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 and then to 10.04. Now Wicd detects router(s) with either card but can't connect to them whether secured or unsecured. My router can see either card. It's like they can talk to each other but I can't take "yes" for an answer.

Why the difference and what do I do next?

-Jerry

Jerry Lapham

Monroe, OH 45050

rjlapham@gmail.com

Old 07-19-2010, 03:21 PM
"nadreck@palain.com"

I had the same problem, but the answer for me was to remove NetworkManager. Apparently they cannot get along together. Once I removed NetWorkManager, and reinstqalled wicd, it worked fine.

*