Old 07-17-2010, 03:26 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

Default K3B burning DVDs

On Saturday, July 17, 2010 11:01:31 am Harry Durham wrote:
> I have linux Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 lts and have not been able to burn any avi
> files to dvd using K3b. I am wondering if I have to configure K3b differently or
> if there is a bug. I have viewed the Q&A website and have found another person
> with the same problem with no answers yet. I can burn these avi movies as data
> disks , however, they won't play on all dvd players. Can someone help me to get
> the video dvd function to work. Or do I have to somehow convert the avi file to
> an mpeg file. If so, what is the best software and in what folder should I save
> these files to?
> Best Regards!
> Harry Durham

You need to convert the avi file to dvd format before you can burn it and have it
play in a dvd player. Install devede and use that. It is easy to use and can make
menus if you want. You will use devede to make an iso file and then use k3b to
burn the iso to disk.

--
Alan

"Now no one has to tell an old Aberdeene pub-crawler how to applaud, captain."
Montgomery Scott