Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 AM
"O. Sinclair"

Default KDE 4.5 RC2 question

Can someone tell me where I can define how many virtual desktops the
system should have?

Sinclair

Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
"O. Sinclair"

On 16/07/2010 11:59, O. Sinclair wrote:
> Can someone tell me where I can define how many virtual desktops the
> system should have?
Eventually found it under "Window Behaviour".... for some reason.

Now I just need to put this pc back to 10.04 with KDE 4.4.2 so I can get
it working again. Despite switching of desktop effects, disabling strigi
and nepomuk, not using Kontact/Akonadi and so on it behaves like I
poured glue somewhere. This aint coming nowhere near my production machine.

Sinclair

Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 14:09, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16/07/2010 11:59, O. Sinclair wrote:
>> Can someone tell me where I can define how many virtual desktops the
>> system should have?
> Eventually found it under "Window Behaviour".... for some reason.
>
> Now I just need to put this pc back to 10.04 with KDE 4.4.2 so I can get
> it working again. Despite switching of desktop effects, disabling strigi
> and nepomuk, not using Kontact/Akonadi and so on it behaves like I
> poured glue somewhere. This aint coming nowhere near my production machine.

Did you bother checking where the bottleneck was? That is kind of the
point of testing a prerelease, to file bugs.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM
"O. Sinclair"

On 16/07/2010 13:46, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 14:09, O. Sinclair<o.sinclair@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 16/07/2010 11:59, O. Sinclair wrote:
>>> Can someone tell me where I can define how many virtual desktops the
>>> system should have?
>> Eventually found it under "Window Behaviour".... for some reason.
>>
>> Now I just need to put this pc back to 10.04 with KDE 4.4.2 so I can get
>> it working again. Despite switching of desktop effects, disabling strigi
>> and nepomuk, not using Kontact/Akonadi and so on it behaves like I
>> poured glue somewhere. This aint coming nowhere near my production machine.
>>

> Did you bother checking where the bottleneck was? That is kind of the
> point of testing a prerelease, to file bugs.

I humbly retract parts of my statement - once I rebooted it more than
once the Desktop Effects stayed disabled. The "glue effect" was due to
Desktop Effects on a machine that has one of the worst graphics card
ever produced, SiS.