Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 AM
Nils Kassube

Default kmail standard templates

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Now, one last question someone might be able to help, it seems kmail
> has joined the dark side, the cursor in the composer is now above
> the quoted text by default, forcing me to scroll to the bottom of
> the quote or be accused of top posting.

Dark side? No, it is there for a reason. You are supposed to trim the
quote and that is easier if you start at the top going down and deleting
stuff that isn't important for your reply. And you are supposed to reply
inline, not below the entire quote. If the cursor was at the bottom,
you'd be too lazy to first move back up.

> I haven't found a place in
> the configs where that might be controlled. Does anyone know where
> that might be set?

Yes, I know where it is but I won't tell you because you are supposed to
trim your messages.

OK, I'll tell you anyway: Go to "Settings" -> "Configure Kmail…" -> "E-
Mail-Editor" (or is that "Composer"?) -> "Standard Templates". Click on
the vertical tab (or whatever it is called) "Reply to All / Reply to
List" and move the "%CURSOR" to the end.

Nils