Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 AM
Michael Renner

Default lucid, PulseAudio, USB-Headset and skype?

Moin,

I used to use skype with an USB headset with 8.04.

Now I updated to lucid. The USB headest is still identified by alsa as card
#1, it can be used e.g. by aplay. But skype (2.1.0.47) only see one device
named 'PulseAudio'. The consequence is, that skye use the build in soundcard
:-(

Is there a way to configure my system in a wise way?

Thanks
--
|Michael Renner E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de |
|D-81541 Munich Germany ICQ: #112280325 |

Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Perry

Le Thursday 15 July 2010 06.46:56 Michael Renner, vous avez écrit (you wrote)
:
> Moin,
>
> I used to use skype with an USB headset with 8.04.
>
> Now I updated to lucid. The USB headest is still identified by alsa as
> card #1, it can be used e.g. by aplay. But skype (2.1.0.47) only see one
> device named 'PulseAudio'. The consequence is, that skye use the build in
> soundcard
>
> :-(
>
> Is there a way to configure my system in a wise way?
>
> Thanks

You can perhaps find something in the recent archives
<https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2010-July/subject.html>

HTH Perry

--
BOFH excuse #227: Fatal error right in front of screen

Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Mark Greenwood

On Thursday 15 Jul 2010 18:11:16 Perry wrote:
> Le Thursday 15 July 2010 06.46:56 Michael Renner, vous avez écrit (you wrote)
> :
> > Moin,
> >
> > I used to use skype with an USB headset with 8.04.
> >
> > Now I updated to lucid. The USB headest is still identified by alsa as
> > card #1, it can be used e.g. by aplay. But skype (2.1.0.47) only see one
> > device named 'PulseAudio'. The consequence is, that skye use the build in
> > soundcard
> >
> > :-(

Use pavucontrol to select the default recording input. That should be all you need to do.

Mark