Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Wulfy

Default Firefox crashing on Gutsy

Stew Schneider wrote:
> Not that I'd know anything about fark.com from personal experience, but
> I'm led to believe that something in their home page will crash firefox
> under Gutsy. Running earlier Windows FF under wine, there's no problem,
> but 2.0.0.8 crashes every time here. Could somebody else confirm?
>
> stew
I'm running FF 2.0.0.8 in Kubuntu Gutsy. fark.com comes up fine...
though there are four scripts blocked by Adblock Plus... They're ads
from doubleclick...

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:

Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 AM
"Andrew Jarrett"

On Nov 18, 2007 9:53 PM, Stew Schneider <stew.schneider@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not that I'd know anything about fark.com from personal experience, but
> I'm led to believe that something in their home page will crash firefox
> under Gutsy. Running earlier Windows FF under wine, there's no problem,
> but 2.0.0.8 crashes every time here. Could somebody else confirm?
>
> stew

I can't confirm it. I'm also running Gutsy and 2.0.0.8, but it didn't
crash. I can see why it might with the ungodly amount of javascript
they use. Sheesh.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2

Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Stew Schneider

Wulfy wrote:
> Stew Schneider wrote:
>
>> Not that I'd know anything about fark.com from personal experience, but
>> I'm led to believe that something in their home page will crash firefox
>> under Gutsy. Running earlier Windows FF under wine, there's no problem,
>> but 2.0.0.8 crashes every time here. Could somebody else confirm?
>>
>> stew
>>
> I'm running FF 2.0.0.8 in Kubuntu Gutsy. fark.com comes up fine...
> though there are four scripts blocked by Adblock Plus... They're ads
> from doubleclick...

Bingo. I turned off javascript and the problem went away.

Thanks for the help.

stew