Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Errol Sapir

Default Lucid and Skype (solved!!) - well almost

Do you have pulseaudio running perchance? There has been a long
> thread recently about trying to get it working with KDE.

Michael I installed Pulseaudio. Nothing seemed to be muted but in the
beginning it still didn't work with Skype. THEN........

> I just recently solved this problem by noticing that skype used PA.
> KMix showed than my mic was turned on, but when I ran pavucontrol it
> showed that PA had the mic muted. Unmuting with pavucontrol made
> Skype work for me.
>
> Michael

....I did the above configuration and I can now use my microphone with
Skype =-O . Now all that remains is to try and get the webcam to work
with Skype and I'm ok. By the way I had already downloaded PCLinuxOS and
was planning to install it to see if that would solve my skype problem.
I downloaded the KDE version and I still may try it out. But at least I
can now (almost) fully use my favourite OS.
Thanks