Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 AM
"javed aslam"

Default help with installing and boot related

Dear all,
Could some one send me the detailed solution to my problem. I had a
system with vista installed on one of my drives. Now when I tried
kubuntu… only that is loaded.. my vista is still loaded on one of the
other partitions, all files intact only the boot part does not show
it. Please. I read of some "grub" utility but the instructions were
not that clear and I am scared of messing it up again. Please provide
a sure shot and clearer instruction. I also need help in merging the
two file systems.. so that the files in one can be viewed in the
other. I read of some software that does that interface. Also the
windows utility in my kubuntu that allows the running of some window
softwares sya 'Package missing' where can I download that.