Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Jerry Lapham

Default Black panel

I've recently installed Kubuntu 10.04 on my desktop to a newly formatted
partition. The install was probably the smoothest yet. Only problem so far
is that the panel is acting strange. The left part (Quick Launcher, Quick
Access Browser, Pager, and Task Bar) all have a black background with some
gray vertical stripes. It makes the Pager and Task Bar very hard to read.
The System Tray portion is normal. I've hunted all over and have not found a
way to change it.

Any ideas?

-Jerry

Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 AM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

On Wednesday, July 07, 2010 02:54:28 pm Jerry Lapham wrote:
> I've recently installed Kubuntu 10.04 on my desktop to a newly formatted
> partition. The install was probably the smoothest yet. Only problem so far
> is that the panel is acting strange. The left part (Quick Launcher, Quick
> Access Browser, Pager, and Task Bar) all have a black background with some
> gray vertical stripes. It makes the Pager and Task Bar very hard to read.
> The System Tray portion is normal. I've hunted all over and have not found a
> way to change it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Jerry

I think that resizing the panel will fix that, at least temporarily. You can also install
a different theme. If I remember correctly creating a duplicate panel (fill it with all
running widgets to make it easy) then deleting the original one will also stop the
black half from popping up.

--
Alan

"Now no one has to tell an old Aberdeene pub-crawler how to applaud, captain."
Montgomery Scott

Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 AM
"O. Sinclair"

On 08/07/2010 02:33, Alan Dacey Sr. wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 07, 2010 02:54:28 pm Jerry Lapham wrote:
>> I've recently installed Kubuntu 10.04 on my desktop to a newly formatted
>> partition. The install was probably the smoothest yet. Only problem so far
>> is that the panel is acting strange. The left part (Quick Launcher, Quick
>> Access Browser, Pager, and Task Bar) all have a black background with some
>> gray vertical stripes. It makes the Pager and Task Bar very hard to read.
>> The System Tray portion is normal. I've hunted all over and have not found a
>> way to change it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> -Jerry
>>

> I think that resizing the panel will fix that, at least temporarily. You can also install
> a different theme. If I remember correctly creating a duplicate panel (fill it with all
> running widgets to make it easy) then deleting the original one will also stop the
> black half from popping up.

I have this on several machines with old SiS or ATI graphics. Increase
the height of the panel has solved it for me every time