Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Brian Wootton

Default Lucid and Skype (Errol Sapir) (Errol Sapir)

On 05/07/10 09:59, kubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:
snip
>> Not so. It works 100% for me on Lucid. It seems that it's the combination of Skype, Lucid, and Nvidia sound cards that is the problem.
>> >
>> > For those that have installed skype - how did you install it? From the Skype website, or from the 'partner' repository? Mine is from the partner repository.
>> >
>> > Mark
>> >
>> > Mark
>> >

> I installed from the repository using "sudo apt-get install".
>
> Errol

I have the combination skype/lucid/nvidia/amd64 which might be why my
symptoms
are slightly different(ie drainpipe voice from the mike rather than
silent). I have
installed/un-installed using kpackagekit, sudo apt-get install and
skype's own binary
file. All produce the dysfunctional mike syndrome. Guess I'll forget
this on kubuntu
and use skype on mandriva or win 7.
brian
same mike disfunction. It does look as though