Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Daniel Hallett

Default Kubuntu and benq M310 Wireless USB mouse

I would like to use my benq m310 wifi mouse on kubuntu 10.04. How do I go about getting this to work?

Daniel Hallett

Sent from my iPod

Old 07-05-2010, 03:23 AM
Reinhold Rumberger

On Monday 05 July 2010, Daniel Hallett wrote:
> I would like to use my benq m310 wifi mouse on kubuntu 10.04. How
> do I go about getting this to work?

You stick the receiver in any USB port and get busy?

(If that doesn't work it really would help if you provided some
detail as to what you already tried...)

--Reinhold

Old 07-05-2010, 03:52 AM
Daniel Hallett

I plugged it in and got no response whatsoever. Using kubuntu 10.04.

Sent from my iPod

Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 AM
Basil Chupin

On 05/07/10 13:52, Daniel Hallett wrote:
> I plugged it in and got no response whatsoever. Using kubuntu 10.04.
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On 2010-07-04, at 11:23 PM, Reinhold Rumberger<rrumberger@web.de> wrote:
>

>> On Monday 05 July 2010, Daniel Hallett wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to use my benq m310 wifi mouse on kubuntu 10.04. How
>>> do I go about getting this to work?
>>>
>> You stick the receiver in any USB port and get busy?
>>
>> (If that doesn't work it really would help if you provided some
>> detail as to what you already tried...)
>>
>> --Reinhold

Apologies if these are silly questions but....there are 'live' batteries
in the mouse, and the mouse is actually switched on, and the mouse is
"connected" to the station?

BC

Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Thomas Olsen

On Monday 05 July 2010 05:52:50 Daniel Hallett wrote:
> On 2010-07-04, at 11:23 PM, Reinhold Rumberger <rrumberger@web.de> wrote:
> > On Monday 05 July 2010, Daniel Hallett wrote:
> >> I would like to use my benq m310 wifi mouse on kubuntu 10.04. How
> >> do I go about getting this to work?
> >
> > You stick the receiver in any USB port and get busy?
> >
> > (If that doesn't work it really would help if you provided some
> > detail as to what you already tried...)
> >
> > --Reinhold
>
> I plugged it in and got no response whatsoever. Using kubuntu 10.04.

Try running dmesg from Konsole when you plug in the receiver and check the
output.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen