Old 01-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Donn

Default screen trashed, Help

On Thursday, 17 January 2008 06:41:21 Fred Schuelzky wrote:
> BTW what is the command to quit terminal??
If you mean the command-line, the really quick one is Ctrl-D

snappy repartee: What you'd say if you had another chance.

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

Old 01-19-2008, 01:24 PM
"Howard Coles Jr."

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 10:41:21 pm Fred Schuelzky wrote:
> Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 January 2008 06:49:46 pm Fred Schuelzky wrote:
> >> I just installed Gutsy on my new new computer, everything was fine until
> >> I booted up today, the desktop graphics are unreadable. I'm a noobie
> >> and don't know what to do .
> >
> > try going to tty2, which is a shell, and see what it looks like.
> > Hit [ctrl]+[Alt]+[F2] to do that.
> >
> > If the login prompt looks Ok its probably just a config issue with
> > xorg.conf
> >
> > If you still can't see anything, its probably a driver issue.
> >
> > What kind of video card do you run?
>
> Hi Howard
> It has been one of those days, 1st Kubuntu screen trashed, then my hi
> speed modem needs to be rebooted 4 times to finally come up, then I
> wanted to print your instructions and my lazer jet is feeding 3 or 4
> sheets at a time.
> Howard I have a nvidia Ge Force 6100 n Force 405. I did got to terminal
> and everything looked fine so it must be in my xorg.conf file. I've
> been a little hesitant about working from a command line, but nothing
> ventured nothing gained.
> I can do the change from terminal right? BTW what is the command to
> quit terminal??
>
> Thanks
> Fred

I also just realized he may have been asking how to get back to the graphical
Desktop. That would be [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F7]

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.