Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Alexander Smirnov

Default Audit time

Hello

in order to audit my time, which i spend working in kubuntu, i'd like
to have program, which writes timestamp for every my screen locking and
unlocking operation.

i.e., usually i come to work at 9:00am and unlock a computer. I'd like
to have a record in a file like

1 June 2010 9:00 - screen unlocked

then, when I'm going home, I'm locking the screen with Ctrl+Alt+L (or
even it automatically locked by timeout), I'd like to have record like

1 June 2010 21:00 -
screen locked

I've searched such program in
repositories, and even in google but haven't found something
similar. Any pointers?

I'm running Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.3.5

Thank you,

-Alex

Old 07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Valter Mura

In data giovedě 1 luglio 2010 20:09:25, Alexander Smirnov ha scritto:

> Hello
>
> in order to audit my time, which i spend working in kubuntu, i'd like to
> have program, which writes timestamp for every my screen locking and
> unlocking operation.
> i.e., usually i come to work at 9:00am and unlock a computer. I'd like
> to have a record in a file like
>
> 1 June 2010 9:00 - screen unlocked
>
> then, when I'm going home, I'm locking the screen with Ctrl+Alt+L (or
> even it automatically locked by timeout), I'd like to have record like
>
> 1 June 2010 21:00 - screen locked
>
> I've searched such program in repositories, and even in google but
> haven't found something similar. Any pointers?

Try KTimeTracker, maybe you can find in it some useful function.

--
Valter
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org

Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Alexander Smirnov

Valter Mura wrote:
> In data giovedě 1 luglio 2010 20:09:25, Alexander Smirnov ha scritto:
>

>> Hello
>>
>> in order to audit my time, which i spend working in kubuntu, i'd like to
>> have program, which writes timestamp for every my screen locking and
>> unlocking operation.
>> i.e., usually i come to work at 9:00am and unlock a computer. I'd like
>> to have a record in a file like
>>
>> 1 June 2010 9:00 - screen unlocked
>>
>> then, when I'm going home, I'm locking the screen with Ctrl+Alt+L (or
>> even it automatically locked by timeout), I'd like to have record like
>>
>> 1 June 2010 21:00 - screen locked
>>
>> I've searched such program in repositories, and even in google but
>> haven't found something similar. Any pointers?
>>

> Try KTimeTracker, maybe you can find in it some useful function.

Thanks for replying Valter!
KTimeTracker is oriented to measure time spent for task execution. It's
a hell to use it for my purposes.

I've found another solution - the program executed to lock screen is
named 'kscreenlocker'. I've written simple bash script to replace this
program:

#!/bin/bash
echo Lock `date +%s` >>/home/asmirnov/audit
/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kscreenlocker $@
echo Unlock `date +%s` >>/home/asmirnov/audit

Will try to go with it.

Thank you,
-Alex