Old 11-24-2007, 01:41 AM
David McGlone

Default configuring dell wireless card on thinkpad T21

On Friday 23 November 2007 1:30:05 pm Derek Broughton wrote:
> ndemalia armstrong wrote:
> > Derek! i don't think i understand fully well what u intended to say, i
> > don't know if this a guestion or just a comment....LOL, anyway I used
> > the installer to install ndiswrapper and it associates i also have the
> > driver for the card and i do have wine install too, however can't seem to
> > install the driver for this wireless card any idea on how to install
> > this drive?
>
> I don't see how you can have ndiswrapper installed, have the
> NIC "associate", and still have a problem. If it associates, the driver
> must be working.

I agree. Ndemalia, could you post the output of lspci for us?

Also post the output of ndiswrapper -l

> Wine isn't involved - you just use ndiswrapper to install the Windows
> drivers (as described in the man page).

I have a hunch he may be using the wrong driver. Or he could be trying to use
the driver that is installed on his windows system through wine.

--
David M.

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
-- Mark Twain

Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 AM
jerry

ndemalia armstrong wrote:
> Hi! can anyone point me to the right resource here, on how to configure my dell wireless 1350 Wlan PC card model Wl611GD on my thinkpad T21
> I've this BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller. i've done every possible thing I can think of but to no success, if anyone has encounter the same delima please let me know how u managed it. if this might help i've kubuntu gusty 7.10 and it's running great so far. However I did encounter the screen resolution prob but took care of it already by reconfiguring the xserver-xorg. just in case anyone reading this mail might have the same prob.
> thanks if advance guys!
>

> "love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend"

I just saw your post from a few days ago. I got the bcm4306 working with
Kubuntu. I hope I can help.

I saw from other posts that you have ndiswrapper installed. That was
step one for me. I had to remove bcm43xx; modprobe bcm43xx, eventually I
also had to blacklist it to keep it from being reinstalled. I copied the
window drivers to Kubuntu (bcmwl5.sys and BCMWL5.inf).
ndiswrapper -l will show which drivers are installed. To install the
windows driver I did
sudo ndiswrapper -i path_to/BCMWL5.inf. I repeated it with the -l option
to be sure it was actually installed.
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart got the card up and running.

If you still have problems could you post the results of the following:
iwconfig
ndiswrapper -l
lsmod | grep bcm*
lsmod |grep ndis*

Good luck. I had to try many permutations of the above to finally get it
working.

Jerry