-   -   Changing brightness of LCD monitor (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/392849-changing-brightness-lcd-monitor.html)

Basil Chupin 06-30-2010 02:28 AM

Changing brightness of LCD monitor

I don't remember whether it was in this list or the Ubuntu one where
someone was asking if there was a way to control the brightness of an
Apple LCD monitor.

I was just having a look at Ubuntu 10.10 Alpha1 and noticed in UBUNTU
TWEAK (I installed it myself) that there is, under System>Advanced Power
Management Settings, a slider which controls the brightness of an LCD
monitor when AC power is being used. What I don't know (I didn't try it)
if it works only on laptops or also on desktop monitors - up to whoever
to find out.

BC