-   -   10.04: print from KDE App? (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/392608-10-04-print-kde-app.html)

Michael Renner 06-29-2010 05:29 PM

10.04: print from KDE App?

Moin,

from KDE Apps I can only print to files (pdf and ps). But kprinter is
installed; it is possible to print to the remote CUPS server with kprinter.

What do I have to install, if KDE apps should print direct to the CUPS server?
In the KDE control center are remote printers enabled.
renner@mars:~$ dpkg --list | grep print | gawk '{ print $2 }'
bluez-cups
cups-driver-gutenprint
cups-pdf
cupsys-driver-gutenprint
foo2zjs
foomatic-db
foomatic-db-engine
foomatic-db-gutenprint
foomatic-filters
ijsgutenprint
kde-printer-applet
kdeprint
libgnomeprint2.2-0
libgnomeprint2.2-data
libgnomeprintui2.2-0
libgnomeprintui2.2-common
libgutenprint2
libofa0
libxp-dev
libxp6
openprinting-ppds
printer-applet
python-cupshelpers
python-gnomeprint
system-config-printer-common
system-config-printer-kde
x11proto-print-dev

Thanks for any hint!
--
|Michael Renner E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de |
|D-81541 Munich Germany ICQ: #112280325 |

Reinhold Rumberger 06-29-2010 09:53 PM

10.04: print from KDE App?

On Tuesday 29 June 2010, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
>
> from KDE Apps I can only print to files (pdf and ps). But kprinter
> is installed; it is possible to print to the remote CUPS server
> with kprinter.
>
> What do I have to install, if KDE apps should print direct to the
> CUPS server? In the KDE control center are remote printers
> enabled.

<snip list of packages>

If you're sure your cups is up and running (and working properly...),
you need to set up each printer in system settings (Systemverwaltung
-> Druckereinrichtung). After that, each visible printer should be
selectable...

There's no need to install any special packages.

--Reinhold

Michael Renner 06-30-2010 05:33 AM

10.04: print from KDE App?

On Tuesday 29 June 2010, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010, Michael Renner wrote:
> > Moin,
> >
> > from KDE Apps I can only print to files (pdf and ps). But kprinter
> > is installed; it is possible to print to the remote CUPS server
> > with kprinter.

[...]

Moin,

> If you're sure your cups is up and running (and working properly...),
> you need to set up each printer in system settings (Systemverwaltung
> -> Druckereinrichtung). After that, each visible printer should be
> selectable...

thanks for your answer. I checked the local settings again. This time I saw,
that
[ ] Show printers shared by other systems
in the local CUPS configuration wasn't enabled.

Thanks!