Old 06-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Nils Kassube

Default Proper PulseAudio - What are KU devs doing about this? - installation for KUbuntu 10.4 ; jor KUbuntu

giovanni_re wrote:
> Kubuntu developers - what are your thoughts, & plans, about getting
> PA into KUbuntu?
>
> If other distros have this working currently
> {Distro Support
> The following Distributions are known to provide fully integrated
> support: * Mandriva: 2010.0 onwards
> * Fedora: 13 onwards
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/KDE }
>
> can't this be gotten into KU 10.4?
> Why waste 3 months till 10.10 to get this functionality into KUbuntu?

No, please NO experiments with a released LTS version. My machines are
working satisfactorily with the current sound setup of Kubuntu 10.04
without pulse audio. I have been waiting for a working Kubuntu LTS
version for quite some time because I don't really like to upgrade my
machines every 6 months to a new release. And now I don't want to fight
sound issues with pulse audio for the next two years.

Nils