Old 06-29-2010, 01:40 AM
"Adil ALPMAN"

Default Kubuntu 10.10 & Pulse Audio

I read something about kubuntu 10.10 (alpha) and pulse audio in this mailist
but i cant understand clearly.

Wıll pulse-audio default audio system for ubuntu (and also ubuntu) 10.10's
sound system or we can alternatively choose it?

Can anybody make me clear please?

And also i have secound question; there is 3 alternative to download for
kubuntu 10.10's alpha. 1-desktop edition, 2-alternative install cd,
3-netbook edtion, i use 1 and 3 but i cant understand what is alternate
install cd means?

Thanks alot for all answers...

Adil ALPMAN

Old 06-29-2010, 03:56 AM

> I read something about kubuntu 10.10 (alpha) and pulse audio in this
> mailist
> but i cant understand clearly.
>
> Wll pulse-audio default audio system for ubuntu (and also ubuntu) 10.10's
> sound system or we can alternatively choose it?

KDE will have PA *support* in maverick, which will probably help those who
need/use PA (say people whom run primarily Ubuntu/Gnome)I don't think it
will be there by default, but I have not checked.

> Can anybody make me clear please?
>
> And also i have secound question; there is 3 alternative to download for
> kubuntu 10.10's alpha. 1-desktop edition, 2-alternative install cd,
> 3-netbook edtion, i use 1 and 3 but i cant understand what is alternate
> install cd means?

Alt. cd is a text-based install for use in those cases where you can't run
as livecd - lower ram systems, and if you have general hardware problems
booting to the live environment

Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 PM
"Alan Dacey Sr."

On Monday, June 28, 2010 09:40:12 pm Adil ALPMAN wrote:
> I read something about kubuntu 10.10 (alpha) and pulse audio in this mailist
> but i cant understand clearly.
>
> Wıll pulse-audio default audio system for ubuntu (and also ubuntu) 10.10's
> sound system or we can alternatively choose it?
>
> Can anybody make me clear please?
>
> And also i have secound question; there is 3 alternative to download for
> kubuntu 10.10's alpha. 1-desktop edition, 2-alternative install cd,
> 3-netbook edtion, i use 1 and 3 but i cant understand what is alternate
> install cd means?
>
> Thanks alot for all answers...
>
> Adil ALPMAN

The alternate cd doesn't have a graphical install, it's all text-based. You can also
use it to upgrade Kubuntu versions instead of downloading the packages from
the repositories. Your installed system will turn out just the same as if you used
the desktop version.

--
Alan

"Now no one has to tell an old Aberdeene pub-crawler how to applaud, captain."
Montgomery Scott