Old 01-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Nigel Ridley

Default Gimp, was Alternatives to Kubuntu, was KDE 4.0.0!

David Fletcher wrote:
> At 17:03 16/01/2008, you wrote:
>

>> If this is a vote thing - I vote to stick with Kubuntu.
>> Feisty is serving me well for now and I will wait to see what happens -
>> who needs bleeding edge anyway? (My daughter has Gutsy and is
>> complaining that the Gimp (rc version) is broken in places).
>
> Gimp updated on my Gutsy a few days ago - it's no longer rc.

Just did the update > dist-upgrade - now it is a stable version :-)

Just one question - my daughter, "By mistake" closed the 'second' Gimp
window (the one with the layers, channels, paths - and at the bottom:
brushes etc) and I can't find out how to get it back.
Without resorting to renaming the Gimp dot file in her home directory,
how do I get it back?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries
http://www.oliveroot.net/

PrayingForIsrael.net
http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

Old 01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Clay Weber

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 1:33:43 pm Nigel Ridley wrote:
> David Fletcher wrote:
> > At 17:03 16/01/2008, you wrote:
> >> If this is a vote thing - I vote to stick with Kubuntu.
> >> Feisty is serving me well for now and I will wait to see what happens -
> >> who needs bleeding edge anyway? (My daughter has Gutsy and is
> >> complaining that the Gimp (rc version) is broken in places).
> >
> > Gimp updated on my Gutsy a few days ago - it's no longer rc.
>
> Just did the update > dist-upgrade - now it is a stable version :-)
>
> Just one question - my daughter, "By mistake" closed the 'second' Gimp
> window (the one with the layers, channels, paths - and at the bottom:
> brushes etc) and I can't find out how to get it back.
> Without resorting to renaming the Gimp dot file in her home directory,
> how do I get it back?
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel
>
> --
> OliveRoot Ministries
> http://www.oliveroot.net/
>
> PrayingForIsrael.net
> http://www.prayingforisrael.net/

It should be possible from the File -- Dialogs area, but I can't seem to get
the original setup exactly the way it was.

If you delete the file ~/.gimp-2.4/sessionrc, it will revert to the default
layout

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 PM
"Tipton, Timothy"

> > Just one question - my daughter, "By mistake" closed the 'second'
Gimp
> > window (the one with the layers, channels, paths - and at the
bottom:
> > brushes etc) and I can't find out how to get it back.
> > Without resorting to renaming the Gimp dot file in her home
directory,
> > how do I get it back?

Should be able to hit <ctrl> + L to get it back, if that doesn't work,
try File > Dialogs > Layers

HTH,
Tim

Statement of Confidentiality:
This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.