Old 06-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Reinhold Rumberger

Default Going nuts on Nepomuk

On Monday 28 June 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 28/06/2010 14:13, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> > On Monday 28 June 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:
> >> Well as it is - when Nepomuk works I see no impact on resources
> >> though I have heard others have problems. You got me a bit on
> >> the track with the .kde/share.... directories, as I restored
> >> user data I guess I put back old stuff there. I emptied
> >> them... and voila Nepomuk started to work.
> >>
> >> BUT still refuses to autostart and I have manually restart 2-3
> >> times. And no internet links regarding the error message has
> >> given any help
> >
> > If you restored your old config, there might be some leftovers
> > in ~/.kde/share/config.
> >
> > If that doesn't help, try the following command to find out
> > which related packages you have installed - there may be
> > something strange or missing:
> > dpkg --get-selections | grep -i "nepomuk|strigi"
> >
> > --Reinhold
>
> maybe something with .kderc??

Well, *rc anyway...

> But how to know which or what...

ls -l *nepomuk* *strigi*
and
grep -i "nepomuk|strigi" *
might get you started - I'm finding nepomukserverrc and
nepomukstrigirc

> the dpkg --get and so on gives:
> kdegraphics-strigi-plugins install
> kdepim-strigi-plugins install
> strigi-daemon install
> virtuoso-nepomuk install

That seems about right.

--Reinhold

Old 06-29-2010, 08:00 AM
"O. Sinclair"

On 28/06/2010 18:33, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:

>>> If you restored your old config, there might be some leftovers
>>> in ~/.kde/share/config.
>>>
>>> If that doesn't help, try the following command to find out
>>> which related packages you have installed - there may be
>>> something strange or missing:
>>> dpkg --get-selections | grep -i "nepomuk|strigi"
>>>
>>> --Reinhold
>>
>> maybe something with .kderc??
>
> Well, *rc anyway...
>
>> But how to know which or what...
>
> ls -l *nepomuk* *strigi*
> and
> grep -i "nepomuk|strigi" *
> might get you started - I'm finding nepomukserverrc and
> nepomukstrigirc
>
>> the dpkg --get and so on gives:
>> kdegraphics-strigi-plugins install
>> kdepim-strigi-plugins install
>> strigi-daemon install
>> virtuoso-nepomuk install
>
> That seems about right.
Well, I for other reasons were checking output of dmesg and noticed
loads of errors in this style:
nepomukservices[1600]: segfault at 72737533 ip b613cca8 sp bfd858e0
error 4 in libsoprano.so.4.3.0[b60f7000+ef000]

searching around led me to this post:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/soprano/+bug/590088

after downloading and installing the packages it now seems to work. I
will give it a few hours and some reboots and see if it is stable.

Sinclair

Old 06-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Reinhold Rumberger

On Tuesday 29 June 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:
> Well, I for other reasons were checking output of dmesg and
> noticed loads of errors in this style:
> nepomukservices[1600]: segfault at 72737533 ip b613cca8 sp
> bfd858e0 error 4 in libsoprano.so.4.3.0[b60f7000+ef000]
>
> searching around led me to this post:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/soprano/+bug/590088

Dang, I forgot to subscribe and missed the fix...

> after downloading and installing the packages it now seems to
> work. I will give it a few hours and some reboots and see if it
> is stable.

In addition to installing the soprano updates I also installed the
latest KDE 4.4.5 packages from the ppa and now my Akonadi problems
seem to have disappeared as well as the crash in dmesg. Now, if
somebody could fix https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/575055 ...

--Reinhold