Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Bas Roufs

Default "95%" SOLVED: How to get mobile broadband, LAN and WIFI working again at the same netbook??!!

Hello Sinclair and Everybody

> Good to hear you eventually got it working - I am pretty sure you will
> find networkmanager-gnome does the job on wireless. It has a "somewhat
> better" reputation than networkmanager-kde, sadly.

Soon I will try out some wireless connection and report my experience
to this forum. If the test will work out good, I will stick to
networkmanager-gnome for the time being.

I am wondering whether it could be wise and possible to simply
integrate networkmanager-gnome in the official Kubuntu distro.
KNetworkmanager is a quite buggy peace of software as long as I
remember. So far, networkmanager-gnome seems to work out of the box,
in a way easily accessible for those who start working with Linux.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Bas Roufs

>> I am wondering whether it could be wise and possible to simply
>> integrate networkmanager-gnome in the official Kubuntu distro.
>> KNetworkmanager is a quite buggy piece of software as long as I
>> remember. So far, networkmanager-gnome seems to work out of the box,
>> in a way easily accessible for those who start working with Linux.

> Something tells me that *you will not get much support from the Kubuntu
> maintainers for that idea...

This intuition might be quite realistic - especially if
KNetworkmanager is being considered as a core element in the Kubuntu
project. On the other hand - a quick look at a few forums is enough to
see that several users have experienced problems similar to mine. I
have been using Kubuntu ever since 2007. Only the KNetworkmanager
version that came with Kubuntu 9.04 worked well with wireless. But I
simply was not able to rely on the two versions issued afterwords.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.