Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Bas Roufs

Default "95%" SOLVED: How to get mobile broadband, LAN and WIFI working again at the same netbook??!!

Hello Mark, Sinclair and Everybody

Thanks for your latest input, Mark.

The following question has been answered for at least "95%" now:

>>> How to get mobile broadband, LAN and WIFI working again at the same netbook??!!

> You might want to try the gnome networkmanager ....
So far, the attempt with respect to this package has been successful
with both mobile broadband and wired LAN. As soon as I can try some
WIFI connection, I will report also those test results to this forum.

> > > I think you have to start something called nm-applet from konsole after
> > > boot/login to get the applet down in systray

By following this instruction, I did manage to get nm-applet. So, one
question remained earlier today:

> > The only question remaining now is the following: how can I change the
> > start-up settings in such a way that the "nm-applet" automagically
> > appears AND STAYS in the systray?

The following answer proved to be effective for me:
> In System Settings->Advanced->Autostart, add a new Program. If you can't find it by
> browsing the list of 'Known Applications', just type '/usr/bin/nm-applet' into the box.
Network manager did not appear in the list of "known applications".
However, by typing '/usr/bin/nm-applet' into the box, I managed to
integrate networkmanager into Autostart. This became clear tonight
immediately after restarting the laptop.

OK, I am very satisfied now. Respectfully Yours,

Bas.