Old 06-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Nils Kassube

Default App Window's Invisable Feet

Bill vance wrote:
> Here's the problem: Nearly _all_ the app windows for system setup,
> some applications, and
> games, have the bottom portion going down behind the toolbar(?) that
> runs across the
> bottom of the screen. On nearly all of them, that's where the,
> "apply", "ok", and, "cancel",
> buttons, and other stuff reside. It doesn't matter what resolution I
> switch to, they're all the
> same as the Brooklin Post Office: "You can't get there from here."

I suppose you are using quite big fonts. The size of the buttons and
other elements of the page layout gets bigger with bigger font size. As
you probably don't want to use smaller fonts, you could move the entire
window up when you want to access the apply button: Press and hold the
Alt key and the you can drag the window with the mouse (using the left
mouse key).

Nils