Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Laurent Humblet

Default KDE desktop switch and popup window

Hi,

I used to bind/assign CTRL + (exponant 2) to switch to the next
desktop. I have a belgian keyboard layout and that key is the first key
below the ESC key or above the TAB key.

When I used CTRL + , it used to show me a little 'popup' window where I
could see the amount of windows (e.g. firefox, gvim and dolphin with the
titles for each window) on the next desktop and it kept on changing the
content of that little popup windows if I kept on pressing CTRL + by
displaying the opened windows for the next desktop etc.

But it only changed the desktop only when I released the keys. That
way, I could stay on desktop 1, browser quickly through my other
desktops and stop on the one that contained the opened windows that I
needed to work on.

Is this still available I can't find it in the menus since Kubuntu 10.04 ?

Thank you for your help,
Laurent

BTW: CTRL + (which is CTRL + SHIFT + ) never worked.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Tom Bell

On 06/20/2010 06:08 PM, Laurent Humblet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used to bind/assign CTRL + (exponant 2) to switch to the next
> desktop. I have a belgian keyboard layout and that key is the first key
> below the ESC key or above the TAB key.
>
> When I used CTRL + , it used to show me a little 'popup' window where I
> could see the amount of windows (e.g. firefox, gvim and dolphin with the
> titles for each window) on the next desktop and it kept on changing the
> content of that little popup windows if I kept on pressing CTRL + by
> displaying the opened windows for the next desktop etc.
>
> But it only changed the desktop only when I released the keys. That
> way, I could stay on desktop 1, browser quickly through my other
> desktops and stop on the one that contained the opened windows that I
> needed to work on.
>
> Is this still available I can't find it in the menus since Kubuntu 10.04 ?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Laurent
>
> BTW: CTRL + (which is CTRL + SHIFT + ) never worked.

I just go to the panel at the bottom of the screen and mouse over
the different desktops that are open and all the windows open in
each are listed in a bubble.
That may not be what you want, but it could help until you find
again what you want.
Good luck!

Tom

--
"PC, "Where would you like to go today?" ...
Mac, "Where would you like to be tomorrow?" ...