Old 11-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Stew Schneider

Default Audacity 1.3.3

I notice that when I upgraded to Gutsy, Audacity was upgraded to 1.3.3,
which is beta. It's also pretty unstable and seems to have a problem
exporting .mp3's, if by "problem" we agree I mean "won't".

Anybody have any luck with it? I see a thread at
http://www.audacityteam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=587 but no solution.

stew

Old 11-19-2007, 01:25 AM
"Andrew Jarrett"

On Nov 18, 2007 9:13 PM, Stew Schneider <stew.schneider@gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that when I upgraded to Gutsy, Audacity was upgraded to 1.3.3,
> which is beta. It's also pretty unstable and seems to have a problem
> exporting .mp3's, if by "problem" we agree I mean "won't".
>
> Anybody have any luck with it? I see a thread at
> http://www.audacityteam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=587 but no solution.
>
> stew

I think you need to have the lame mp3 encoder installed in order for
audacity to export to mp3 (even on Windows and OSX). I just installed
lame via:
sudo apt-get install lame

and then export to mp3 worked for me.

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2