Old 06-18-2010, 05:22 PM
"nadreck@palain.com"

Default Trouble opening links in Thunderbird

I know in general what is required, but you will have to do a little research. I am at work on a Windows computer and don't have all of my resources available. What you need to do is go to Tools-->Options-->Advanced, and click the button for Config Editor. This brings up the _javascript_ "about:config" file, very similar to the one in Firefox, and what you need to do next is either enter or modify the string that tells it to use Firefox. If I were on my home computer I could see what I used, but it is sometihng like network.protocol.handler. I think if you Google it you will find it easily.

*

Regards,

*

Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Krüger Michael

Try this:

http://www.michael-krueger.org/search/label/Thunderbird

Old 06-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Helder Terra

Thanks for the help, but it still won't work.

I've tried the solution below, and the one I got from another user, to
view the solution in the following link

http://www.michael-krueger.org/search/label/Thunderbird

but Thunderbird still opens a window (showing my Home folder) asking me
to run an application.

*
-----

Old 06-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Helder Terra

Ok, guys I just found the answer, so I'm posting it in case someone
else's got the same issue.

In the "Run application" window, I've searched the /usr/bin/firefox path
and it started opening links normally.

Thanks anyway, for the atention.

Helder Terra

Old 06-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Gil Gibbons

I know in general what is required, but you
will have to do a little research. I am at work on a Windows computer
and don't have all of my resources available. What you need to do is go
to Tools-->Options-->Advanced, and click the button for Config
Editor. This brings up the _javascript_ "about:config" file, very similar
to the one in Firefox, and what you need to do next is either enter or
modify the string that tells it to use Firefox. If I were on my home
computer I could see what I used, but it is sometihng like
network.protocol.handler. I think if you Google it you will find it
easily.

*

Regards,

*

On June 18,
2010 at 4:57 PM Helder Terra <helder.earth@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just found out about this, and I'm not even sure if it's a
common Lucid

> bug, but here it goes:

> Ever since I've installed Kubuntu Lucid both in my home and office

> computers, I've set Firefox as my default browser and Thunderbird
as my mail

> client. And sure, Dragon Player is my video player too.

> But, for some reason, every time I get a link in a mail message,
or a video

> file attached, it doesn't run at all. Instead of opening the link
on Firefox

> or the video file on Dragon, it opens a window asking me to choose
a default

> program for the action.

> It only happens with these two types of file. My office files open
perfectly

> in OpenOffice from Thunderbird.

> Now, Kubuntu have asked me to do this in the past, and opened a
list of my

> menu applications so I could choose one. But in this one situation
is

> another window. One that shows only my Home folder, so I can't
locate the

> software I want to open the file.

> Is there a way to make Thunderbird know what program should run
each file?

> And it that windows of my Home folder, how can I locate Firefox or
Dragon

> Player?

> Thanks for the help.

> Helder Terra

Try going to /usr/bin That is where dragon,firefox, and thunderbird
reside.