Old 06-18-2010, 04:57 PM
"Helder Terra"

Default Trouble opening links in Thunderbird

I just found out about this, and I'm not even sure if it's a common Lucid
bug, but here it goes:

Ever since I've installed Kubuntu Lucid both in my home and office
computers, I've set Firefox as my default browser and Thunderbird as my mail
client. And sure, Dragon Player is my video player too.

But, for some reason, every time I get a link in a mail message, or a video
file attached, it doesn't run at all. Instead of opening the link on Firefox
or the video file on Dragon, it opens a window asking me to choose a default
program for the action.

It only happens with these two types of file. My office files open perfectly
in OpenOffice from Thunderbird.

Now, Kubuntu have asked me to do this in the past, and opened a list of my
menu applications so I could choose one. But in this one situation is
another window. One that shows only my Home folder, so I can't locate the
software I want to open the file.

Is there a way to make Thunderbird know what program should run each file?
And it that windows of my Home folder, how can I locate Firefox or Dragon
Player?

Thanks for the help.

Helder Terra