Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 AM
"C Hamel"

Default Tethering BlackBerry

I am attempting to tether an 8100 BlackBerry for use as a modem on Gutsy. (I already tried a less-than-stellar How-to, and contacting the author was no help.)

Has anyone else succeeded doing this and if so, how??

Thanks!
--
...Yogi C.H.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 AM
David McGlone

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 10:10:51 pm C Hamel wrote:
> I am attempting to tether an 8100 BlackBerry for use as a modem on Gutsy.
> (I already tried a less-than-stellar How-to, and contacting the author was
> no help.)
>
> Has anyone else succeeded doing this and if so, how??

Well first I took a posthole digger and I dug a hole about 2 foot in the
ground, then I put the pole in the hole and filled the hole back in with the
dirt I originally took out. I then attached a rope about 2 to 3 foot in
length to the top of the pole. Finally I tied the lower end of the rope to
the blackberry.

There you have a tethered BlackBerry. ;-)

Sorry I just had to speak my mind on this one.

--
David M.