Old 06-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Shawn Rogers

Default Lucid Lynx and Arora browser

I never cared for aurora. I think development has almost stopped on it.
You should check out the latest rekonq git version.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:26 PM
"O. Sinclair"

On 15/06/2010 15:52, Shawn Rogers wrote:
> I never cared for aurora. I think development has almost stopped on it.
> You should check out the latest rekonq git version.
> On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 06:02:56 am O. Sinclair wrote:
>> Is anyone else using Arora web browser? I use it quite a lot but since
>> upgrading to SC 4.4.4 it is unusable, it crashes as soon as I scroll
>> downwards in a page. Anyone else noted or it is just something
> wacko
>> with my system?

As it turns out both Arora and Rekonq crashes on every site that uses
flash... and that is quite a few.

There are hints on internet that this is related to the latest
flashplugin, 10 something. Anyone have an idea on how to back to an
earlier version of Flash in Lucid?

Old 06-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Bruce Marshall

On Thursday, June 24, 2010, O. Sinclair wrote:
> There are hints on internet that this is related to the latest
> flashplugin, 10 something. Anyone have an idea on how to back to an
> earlier version of Flash in Lucid?

I haven't found one.... and flash is totally broken on Firefox for 10.4
AMD64 (and possibly 32 bit also)

Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:26:27 am O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 15/06/2010 15:52, Shawn Rogers wrote:
> > I never cared for aurora. I think development has almost stopped on it.
> > You should check out the latest rekonq git version.
> >
> > On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 06:02:56 am O. Sinclair wrote:
> >> Is anyone else using Arora web browser? I use it quite a lot but since
> >> upgrading to SC 4.4.4 it is unusable, it crashes as soon as I scroll
> >> downwards in a page. Anyone else noted or it is just something
> >
> > wacko
> >
> >> with my system?
>
> As it turns out both Arora and Rekonq crashes on every site that uses
> flash... and that is quite a few.
>
> There are hints on internet that this is related to the latest
> flashplugin, 10 something. Anyone have an idea on how to back to an
> earlier version of Flash in Lucid?

Its a bug in the latest 4.4.4 bundle of qtwebkit, apparently gtk_init() is not
called before loading flash, this will be fixed in qtwebkit2

Not, this effects konqueror as well if you use the webkit viewer.

There's a patch on the rekonq mailing list that works around it and I imagine
that will make its way into rekonq trunk fairly rapidly.
--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home