Old 01-15-2008, 09:29 PM
"Michael W. Holdeman"

Default Dolphin help

I am really trying to accept dolphin, I can get it, I like some parts of it
and am getting used to it. But! (you knew that was coming) 1. Retrospekt will
not run with it..

#2. if dolphin is the default file manager then why if I'm in kde4 and a past
a shortcut to a file location on teh desktop, when I click on it it opens in
konqueror? It would be nice if it would open in dolphin., at least for
consistency..

Mike

Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 PM
David Fletcher

On Tuesday 15 Jan 2008, Michael W. Holdeman wrote:

> #2. if dolphin is the default file manager then why if I'm in kde4 and a
past
> a shortcut to a file location on teh desktop, when I click on it it opens in
> konqueror? It would be nice if it would open in dolphin., at least for
> consistency..
>
> Mike

What I did to fix things so that they work properly on my desktop was right
click - create new - link to application... and entered
konqueror /home/dave/
in the command field under the application tab

Yes, you've guessed - I'm not a fan of dolphin.

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763

Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Clay Weber

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 5:29:27 pm Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> I am really trying to accept dolphin, I can get it, I like some parts of it
> and am getting used to it. But! (you knew that was coming) 1. Retrospekt
> will not run with it..
>
> #2. if dolphin is the default file manager then why if I'm in kde4 and a
> past a shortcut to a file location on teh desktop, when I click on it it
> opens in konqueror? It would be nice if it would open in dolphin., at least
> for consistency..
>
> Mike
1) I would guess maybe kommander hasn't been ported to kde4 yet?
2) I would guess it is a config mismatch in the packaging, perhaps. Definitely
woth a bug report there

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net

Old 01-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Richard

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 5:29:27 pm Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> I am really trying to accept dolphin, I can get it, I like some parts of it
> and am getting used to it. But! (you knew that was coming) 1. Retrospekt
> will not run with it..
>
> #2. if dolphin is the default file manager then why if I'm in kde4 and a
> past a shortcut to a file location on teh desktop, when I click on it it
> opens in konqueror? It would be nice if it would open in dolphin., at least
> for consistency..
>
> Mike

Well, I got rid of flipper, using konqueror,
now if konqueror would kick firefox butt, as a web browser,
then I would be very happy.

Richard

Old 01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
"Michael W. Holdeman"

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 01:01:47 am Richard wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 January 2008 5:29:27 pm Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
> > I am really trying to accept dolphin, I can get it, I like some parts of
> > it and am getting used to it. But! (you knew that was coming) 1.
> > Retrospekt will not run with it..
> >
> > #2. if dolphin is the default file manager then why if I'm in kde4 and a
> > past a shortcut to a file location on teh desktop, when I click on it it
> > opens in konqueror? It would be nice if it would open in dolphin., at
> > least for consistency..
> >
> > Mike
>
> Well, I got rid of flipper, using konqueror,
> now if konqueror would kick firefox butt, as a web browser,
> then I would be very happy.

I would switch back to konqueror as file manager but I got used to some of the
quick functions of dolphin, ie, the pane along the right side with file
information when hovering over a file, an icon to switch to previews on the
toolbar etc..

Actually those are the main 2 I use all the time.

Also while we are talking about konqueror as a web browser, (which I do like,
I use ff occasionally due to some comp-atibility issues on a few sites I use
regularly) I cant figure out how I had a small bar to the right of the
addressbar on 3.5.8 for quick searching on search engines?

Mike