Old 06-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Brian Wootton

Default VIDEO_TS

I'm getting nowhere attempting to play VIDEO_TS videos directly from disc.
I've tried Dragon Player, VLC, SMPlayer so far - all fire up OK and look as
though they might be doing something but all sit there eventually with a
blank black window going nowhere. SUNSHINE is the name of the film on
the DVD I get this on the command line:

% ls /media
floppy floppy0 SUNSHINE
% smplayer /media/SUNSHINE/
This is SMPlayer v. 0.6.8 (SVN r3213) running on Linux
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
such file or directory

SMPlayer fires up and I get a blank screen which just sits there for
ever and
I have to CNTRL-C to get the command line back.

I don't have a clue what's wrong or where to go from here, can any body help
brian
PS I'm running lucid on an amd64 desktop