, vbulletin,jelsoft,forum,bbs,discussion,bulletin board" /> Kubuntu User" /> How to "disable zero CD" in order to get my USB mobile internet dongle working? <SOLVED?> - Linux Archive

Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Nils Kassube

Default How to "disable zero CD" in order to get my USB mobile internet dongle working?

Bas Roufs wrote:
> As I said: the connection started working after giving in the correct
> phone number meant to access the dongle: *99#

> > Did you check that the USB ID of your device is included in the
> > hso.udev file? If it isn't, it can't work. You can see your USB ID
> > with the command lsusb
>
> The lsusb test delivers the following outcome with respect to the
> dongle: Bus 001 Device 003: ID 12d1:14ac Huawei Technologies Co.,
> Ltd.

It would not have worked with the original ozerocdoff package because
your device isn't listed in the hso.udev file - it is a different vendor
ID. But anyway, you managed to make it work without this package, so
this package isn't useful for you.

> > in a terminal. If the identification string isn't obvious, check
> > the difference between the output when the dongle is connected and
> > not connected to the USB port.
>
> "Connected and not connected": do you mean in this context: mounted
> or not mounted?

No, not mounted / unmounted - I meant with the dongle inserted to the
USB port or not inserted.

> > And did you try to mount the zero cd and then eject it? If it works
> > similar to a WLAN dongle I have, it would switch to the modem mode
> > after the zero cd is ejected.
>
> The weird thing is now, that my dongle seems to work even while it is
> mounted as zero cd.

I suppose, the zero cd wasn't a problem in the first place but the wrong
phone number which you corrected now.

Nils