Old 06-06-2010, 02:26 PM
William Hamra

Default burn a DVD

hello list,
i have a question.
i have this 1.4GB AVI movie, and in its same directory, there are a
bunch of .srt files containing subtitles in various languages. i want to
burn this movie, along with the subtitles (or just the English one at
least) into a DVD. a normal movie DVD that can be recognized and played
on a DVD player attached to my TV.
how do i do that? what program do i need?
i tried k3b, and tried start a DVD movie project, it gave me the default
audio and video directories, but i am clueless how to go from there. i
dont assume an AVI can be just throw in the VIDEO_TS directory, it's
usually a .DAT that i think is MPEG, not sure.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems

Old 06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Carter Hollingsworth

Try this, http://www.rastersoft.com/programas/devede.html

Old 06-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Mark Greenwood

On Sunday 06 Jun 2010 15:26:58 William Hamra wrote:
> hello list,
> i have a question.
> i have this 1.4GB AVI movie, and in its same directory, there are a
> bunch of .srt files containing subtitles in various languages. i want to
> burn this movie, along with the subtitles (or just the English one at
> least) into a DVD. a normal movie DVD that can be recognized and played
> on a DVD player attached to my TV.
> how do i do that? what program do i need?
> i tried k3b, and tried start a DVD movie project, it gave me the default
> audio and video directories, but i am clueless how to go from there. i
> dont assume an AVI can be just throw in the VIDEO_TS directory, it's
> usually a .DAT that i think is MPEG, not sure.

You can use avidemux-qt to transcode the AVI to MPEG and also use one of avidemux's filters to permanently "burn" the English srt onto the picture. The MPEG can then be burned to DVD. I don't know how you would do it if you want to keep the subtitles separate from the picture.

Mark