Old 06-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Dotan Cohen

Default What is Qt called in *buntu?

I need to upgrade a Karmic installation to Qt 4.7, but I cannot figure
out what the Qt package is called in *buntu! All the grepping in
aptitude is not getting e anywhere, nor is trolling Launchpad. Please,
what is Qt called in *buntu?

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 06-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Mark Fraser

On Sunday 06 Jun 2010 12:42:11 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I need to upgrade a Karmic installation to Qt 4.7, but I cannot figure
> out what the Qt package is called in *buntu! All the grepping in
> aptitude is not getting e anywhere, nor is trolling Launchpad. Please,
> what is Qt called in *buntu?

Is this http://www.kubuntu.org/news/qt-4.7 what you're trying to do? If it is,
it looks like it is only available for Lucid.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Lindsay Mathieson

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 09:42:11 pm Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I need to upgrade a Karmic installation to Qt 4.7,

Qt 4.7 Repo instructions here:

http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home

Old 06-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Dotan Cohen

On 6 June 2010 14:49, Mark Fraser <ubuntu@mfraz.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sunday 06 Jun 2010 12:42:11 Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I need to upgrade a Karmic installation to Qt 4.7, but I cannot figure
>> out what the Qt package is called in *buntu! All the grepping in
>> aptitude is not getting e anywhere, nor is trolling Launchpad. Please,
>> what is Qt called in *buntu?
>
> Is this http://www.kubuntu.org/news/qt-4.7 what you're trying to do? If it is,
> it looks like it is only available for Lucid.

Thanks, Mark. My current Qt 4.5 has a bug that gets triggered in Anki,
it should be fixed in 4.7. Alas, Lucid is broken on my system:

I'll play with the workarounds on that bug. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 06-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Dotan Cohen

On 6 June 2010 14:57, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Qt 4.7 Repo instructions here:
>
> http://www.kubuntu.org/news/qt-4.7

Thanks, Lindsay! I will see if I can get those packages to install on Karmic.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com