Old 06-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Bas Roufs

Default How to "disable zero CD" in order to get my USB mobile internet dongle working?

Hello Everybody

Ever since about 2 weeks I am trying to get a mobile internet dongle
working with Linux.So far all the attempts get stuck at the same
point. my difficulty to "disable zero CD": to get rid of a "virtual CD
Rom" which prevents my dongle from properly functioning. So far, I
have tried two packages meant to help in this context:
usb modeswitch (from the regular repository)
ozerocdoff (from pharscape.org)

Wether I try KPPP, WVDIAL or KNetworkmanager: still the dongle is
being mounted as a CD Rom each time I insert him in it. Also each
restart together with the dongle ends up in this "zero CD"result. Does
anybody have a clue how to permanently reset the laptop in such a way
that the dongle will be automatically correctly recognised and dealt
with?

BASIC INFO
OS: dual boot Kubuntu Lucid and Win7.
Dongle: HUAEI E1820.
Netbook/ laptop: Eee PC 1001HA, 250GB HD, 1GB RAM.
Test result: at the Windows partition, the dongle works
automatigically, at the Linux partition still not.

Thanks, respectfully yours,

Bas.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Bas Roufs