Old 06-03-2010, 06:43 PM
"Mario Andes"

Default 32/64 bit

Hallo folks,

Lucid Lynx works fine on my Thinkpad T61. Currently using 2 cores.
My problem is the printer driver which don't support 64bit and it's
important for me.

Is it possible, to switch the whole system globally from 64bit to 32bit?
The installed software will not work with only 1 core.
Is it possible, to do a system update after switching to 1 core withthe
repair action of the ISO?

mario

Old 06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Eberhard Roloff

On 06/03/2010 08:43 PM, Mario Andes wrote:

> Hallo folks,
>
> Lucid Lynx works fine on my Thinkpad T61. Currently using 2 cores.
> My problem is the printer driver which don't support 64bit and it's
> important for me.
>
> Is it possible, to switch the whole system globally from 64bit to 32bit?
> The installed software will not work with only 1 core.
> Is it possible, to do a system update after switching to 1 core withthe
> repair action of the ISO?
>
> mario

Convert from 64bit to 32bit means a completely new
installation. But you can continue to use your data, if this
is located on separated partitions.

Which printer and driver are you trying to use?

Maybe you can compile the driver for 64bit?

Kind regards
Eberhard