Old 01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Colin Murphy

Default KMail crashing

On my Ubuntu Gutsy my KMail has now started to crash, even though I've
been using it since full release of 7.10. I have all my filters and
lists nicely placed and would hate to lose them permanently!

The application will start up but when I go to download mail it locks
up, the kmail window stops responding and I have to kill the application.

I thought that deleting the .lock file would help, but it didn't. I
have also, through Synaptic, 're-installed' and also 'completely
uninstalled + installed afresh' without finding a cure.

What log files do I start to look at to try and figure out the problem?

Starting KMail from a terminal gives :-

colin@colin-desktop:~$ kmail &
[1] 8591
colin@colin-desktop:~$ WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 1) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 2) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 4) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 3) suspended.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "move_message_to_folder"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "copy_message_to_folder"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "jump_to_folder"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "jump_to_folder"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "cancel"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "inc_current_folder"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "dec_current_folder"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "select_current_folder"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "inc_current_message"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "dec_current_message"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "select_current_message"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "delete"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "edit"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "use_template"
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel(): call to deprecated action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction:lugAccel( kacc = 0x8060f80 ):
KAccel object already contains an action name "display_message"
*** KMail got signal 15 (Exiting)

Does this give any clues?

Hope someone can help.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Donn

Try renaming your Mail folder (or wherever yours is) - to get it out of the
picture.
Try the same for your address book.
I don't know where the filters live, but same there.

Perhaps something is bad in a settings file or resource, is my thinking.

The idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I am unable to
take seriously.
-- Albert Einstein

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/