Old 01-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Paul Kaplan

Default flashplugin

Since installing kde4, I've been getting an error message that I need to
install the flash plugin (konqueror and mozilla) when running both 3.5.7 and
4.0.0. The flashplugin-nonfree package is installed.

Any ideas?
Paul

Old 01-14-2008, 03:38 AM
"Howard Coles Jr."

On Sunday 13 January 2008 11:47:51 am Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Since installing kde4, I've been getting an error message that I need to
> install the flash plugin (konqueror and mozilla) when running both 3.5.7
> and 4.0.0. The flashplugin-nonfree package is installed.
>
> Any ideas?
> Paul

Not sure, but this is what I had to do on some systems.
copy the flash plugin .so files from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
(libflashplayer.so & flashplayer.xpt) to <usershome>/.mozilla/plugins
See if that works. You may have already done this, but new users on my system
were getting those same kind of errors until I did this. Not sure why, but
its a fairly recent problem.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Paul Kaplan

On Sunday 13 January 2008 11:38:49 pm Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> On Sunday 13 January 2008 11:47:51 am Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > Since installing kde4, I've been getting an error message that I need to
> > install the flash plugin (konqueror and mozilla) when running both 3.5.7
> > and 4.0.0. The flashplugin-nonfree package is installed.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Paul
>
> Not sure, but this is what I had to do on some systems.
> copy the flash plugin .so files from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
> (libflashplayer.so & flashplayer.xpt) to <usershome>/.mozilla/plugins
> See if that works. You may have already done this, but new users on my
> system were getting those same kind of errors until I did this. Not sure
> why, but its a fairly recent problem.

Interesting. libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt are already found in
<userhome>/.mozilla/plugins. However they are not to be found
in /usr/lib/firefoxplugins, /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
or /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins. Also, libflashplayer.so is listed as
one of the installed konqueror plugins. Nevertheless, flash won't work in
either konqi or mozilla. ???

Still frustrated.
Paul

Old 11-17-2008, 07:00 PM