Old 01-13-2008, 06:08 AM
homayoon taheri

Default Compile and Buils problem ?

In kubuntu 7.10, whenever I try to compile any tools from source
by ./configure the following error in configure.log file stops the operation:

Which is needed library ?

configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "libdvdcss"
| #define VERSION "1.2.9"
| /* end confdefs.h. */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
| ;
| return 0;
| }
configure:2423: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Nils Kassube

homayoon taheri wrote:
> In kubuntu 7.10, whenever I try to compile any tools from source
> by ./configure the following error in configure.log file stops the
> operation:
>
> configure:2423: error: C compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.

Did you install the package "build-essential"?

Nils