Old 01-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Thomas Olsen

Default Aptitude wants to remove KOffice - solved

On Saturday 12 January 2008 12:27:47 Donn wrote:
> > Any idea whats going on?
>
> Urgh. This stuff hurts my head. It looks like you are in the soup. Have you
> been experimenting with KDE4.0 at all?
>
> Perhaps you should let it remove what it wants to, then do another update
> and another dist-upgrade. Keep going until it does not report anymore
> broken stuff, then try to install koffice again.
>
> Also, aptitude has a gui! Just run aptitude on it's own - perhaps that will
> show you something otherwise missed.
>
> Good luck,

I let it remove what it wanted and reinstalled koffice and it seems to be OK
now. Don't know why it acted up like that. BTW: I haven't been playing with
KDE4 at all - plan to wait the better part of a year before I do that.

Thanks for the help.

/Thomas

Old 01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Donn