-   -   KDE 4.0.0! (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/34666-kde-4-0-0-a.html)

Terence Simpson 01-11-2008 10:52 AM

KDE 4.0.0!

Yes, it's finally here and ready to install :)
For instructions see <http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.php>

RocK on!

Terence

"Eduardo P. Román O." 01-11-2008 12:08 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

I do each step by always get the same error;
Can't install kdebase-kde4, becouse exist dependencies not matched.

--
Saludos Cordiales

Eduardo P. Román O.
Ingeniero en informática
User #298254 http://counter.li.org.
Epro Software

CONFIDENCIALIDAD: La información contenida en este mensaje y/o en los archivos
adjuntos es de carácter confidencial o privilegiada y está destinada al uso
exclusivo del emisor y/o de la persona o entidad a quien va dirigida. Si
usted no es el destinatario, cualquier almacenamiento, divulgación,
distribución o copia de esta información está estrictamente prohibido y
sancionado por la ley. Si recibió este mensaje por error, por favor
infórmenos inmediatamente respondiendo este mismo mensaje y borre todos los
archivos adjuntos. Gracias.
CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: The information transmitted in this message and/or
attachments is confidential and/or privileged and is intented only for use of
the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, any retention,dissemination, distribution or copy of this
information is strictly prohibited and sanctioned by law. If you received
this messagge in error, please reply us this same message and delete this
message and all attachments. Thank you.

"Eduardo P. Román O." 01-11-2008 12:13 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

Sorry
The package I can't install is kde4-core

Paul S 01-11-2008 01:24 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

Terence Simpson said the following on 01/11/2008 06:52 AM:
> Yes, it's finally here and ready to install :)
> For instructions see <http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.php>

It seems to also be in gutsy-backports now, as it has already started
downloading here.

regards,

"Dotan Cohen" 01-11-2008 01:34 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

On 11/01/2008, Terence Simpson <stdin@stdin.me.uk> wrote:
> Yes, it's finally here and ready to install :)
> For instructions see <http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.php>
>
> RocK on!
>
> Terence

Please report back with installation issues and usage problems. I've
very excited, but I cannot play russian rulette with my laptop.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-×*-ס-×¢-×£-פ-×¥-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

"Eduardo P. Román O." 01-11-2008 01:58 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

You Right men

How I should do for install;
With a apt-get install kde4 ????

Jonathan Patrick Davies 01-11-2008 02:04 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

On Friday 11 January 2008 15:34:09 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Please report back with installation issues and usage problems. I've
> very excited, but I cannot play russian rulette with my laptop.

Mine works great on my laptop! Using the PPA instead of backports tho. I'd go
for it and you can always remove it later.

Patrick
--
Kubuntu - Pure KGX http://www.kubuntu.org

Tom 01-11-2008 02:04 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Please report back with installation issues and usage problems. I've
> very excited, but I cannot play russian rulette with my laptop.

I don't know if the KDE 4 that my standard Ubuntu Hardy brought
in this morning is the same thing, but if it is, I can be quite
short: it looks better than I expected, but it acts as unstable
as I was afraid it would. :) Just in fiddling around a bit with
the settings, I managed it to crash three, four times. Which is
when I logged out. :)

As far as the russian roulette thing goes: I don't see anything
to be afraid of. Settings are stored in .kde4 rather than .kde,
or if you're really worried, you could just create a test user?

Cheers,
Tom

--
np: Vromb - Superposition

"Eduardo P. Román O." 01-11-2008 02:05 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

This is what I got;
root@epro-movil:/home/eroman# apt-get install kde4
Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando árbol de dependencias
Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
E: No se pudo encontrar el paquete kde4 (in english Not found package kde4 )
root@epro-movil:/home/eroman#

What do you think is the right command ???

"Martin Walshe" 01-11-2008 02:06 PM

KDE 4.0.0!

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-members-kde4/ubuntu gutsy main

On Jan 11, 2008 2:58 PM, Eduardo P. Román O. <