Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Richard

Default Threading in Kmail 7.10 (kubuntu)

Does kmail threading work well (compare to outlook -ouch),
can't seem to get it right

Want Threading descending and group by threads,
Plus, watch threads in front would be nice...

TIA
Richard

Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Donn

On Thursday, 10 January 2008 22:52:53 Richard wrote:
> Does kmail threading work well (compare to outlook -ouch),
> can't seem to get it right
It's a little odd. Go to Folder -> Thread Messages to get it threaded. Then
when you click the "Order of arrival" column it actually changes function a
few times, so click it more than once.

That's my limit of skillz.

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/

Old 01-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Derek Broughton

Richard wrote:

> Does kmail threading work well (compare to outlook -ouch),

"Outlook" threading doesn't work at all, you must mean Outlook Express.

> can't seem to get it right
>
> Want Threading descending and group by threads,

Afaict, you're just asking about display formats, not threading - which is
specifically about linking each mail to a previous one via
either "References:" or "In-Reply-To:" headers.

KMail threads, and it even lets you cheat and include messages with the same
subject that have no references (because so may OE versions didn't bother
to include them). Then it displays the threads in a standard tree format.

> Plus, watch threads in front would be nice...

I've no idea what this means, but KMail doesn't have any particular options
for watched threads.
--
derek

Old 01-11-2008, 07:18 PM
andrew

On Thursday 10 January 2008 21:25, Derek Broughton wrote:
> I've no idea what this means, but KMail doesn't have any
> particular options for watched threads.

Click on the message, right click, watch thread.

AJH

Old 01-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Richard

On Friday 11 January 2008 3:18:35 pm andrew wrote:
> On Thursday 10 January 2008 21:25, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > I've no idea what this means, but KMail doesn't have any
> > particular options for watched threads.
>
> Click on the message, right click, watch thread.
>
> AJH

Yeah, I figured it out.
Rich

Old 01-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Derek Broughton

andrew wrote:

> On Thursday 10 January 2008 21:25, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> I've no idea what this means, but KMail doesn't have any
>> particular options for watched threads.
>
> Click on the message, right click, watch thread.

That makes a thread "watched" - I didn't say kmail doesn't have the ability
to watch threads. All that does is let you mark a thread as watched, and I
would expect to be able to filter based on it, but that's all.
--
derek

Old 01-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Colin Pinkney

On Saturday 12 Jan 2008, Derek Broughton wrote:
> That makes a thread "watched" - I didn't say kmail doesn't have the ability
> to watch threads. All that does is let you mark a thread as watched, and I
> would expect to be able to filter based on it, but that's all.

Watch a thread and then at the top right, select status 'Watched' to filter

--
Colin Pinkney
http://www.cpinkney.org.uk

Old 01-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Derek Broughton

Colin Pinkney wrote:

> On Saturday 12 Jan 2008, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> That makes a thread "watched" - I didn't say kmail doesn't have the
>> ability
>> to watch threads. All that does is let you mark a thread as watched, and
>> I would expect to be able to filter based on it, but that's all.
>
> Watch a thread and then at the top right, select status 'Watched' to
> filter

You're still missing the point. I said I could do that. However, the OP
wanted to do something special with watched threads. I couldn't figure out
_what_, but I do know KMail doesn't do it - because all kmail can do is
watch a thread or filter it.
--
derek