Old 01-10-2008, 01:59 AM
Clark

Default New Problem Wine?

I have an Encyclopaedia package that I want to run but it needs
Microsoft so I downloaded "Wine" which gives 3 options: browse C:
drive; Configure Wine and uninstall.
Given that configure seems to be the best otion to open Wine, I went for
that however at the eighth bounce of the ball the entire system "locks"
the only way out is to push the reset button on the PC.
Two options:
a) get assistance for Wine fault or
b) forget Wine and ask for directions to a partitioning tool and
tutorial - my Canonical CD is supposed to have partitioning software but
I can' seem to find it.

Suggestions with either or both would be appreciated. I am trawling the
FAQs

Clark.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Clark wrote:
> I have an Encyclopaedia package that I want to run but it needs
> Microsoft so I downloaded "Wine" which gives 3 options: browse C:
> drive; Configure Wine and uninstall.

Those are not the only options. What you want to do is run the
Encyclopedia setup program with a command something like:

wine setup.exe

Of course, you replace setup.exe with the path to the setup program.

Matt Flaschen

Old 01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Billie Walsh

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Clark wrote:
>
>> I have an Encyclopaedia package that I want to run but it needs
>> Microsoft so I downloaded "Wine" which gives 3 options: browse C:
>> drive; Configure Wine and uninstall.
>>

> Those are not the only options. What you want to do is run the
> Encyclopedia setup program with a command something like:
>
> wine setup.exe
>
> Of course, you replace setup.exe with the path to the setup program.
>
> Matt Flaschen

Use the "Browse C:" option. Navigate to the drive/directory where the
setup file is. Cross your fingers, say a prayer to the gods of computers
and windows, and double click the setup file. If everything works